Lalit Narayan Mithila University, Darbhanga B.Sc. part-1 Botany Honours & Subsidiaey syllabus
There shall be two theory papers carrying 75 marks each and one practical paper carrying 50 marks. All the three papers shall of 3 hour duration.
There will be three groups consisting of algae, mycology and phytopathology and microbiology. Altogether 10 questions are to be set. Candidates shall be required to answer five questions selecting at least one from each group. Question No. 1 will be of short answer type and compulsory.
- General Account
- Classification of Algae by Fritsch
- Range of thallus structure
- General Account of following classes with sp, ref. to general mentioned NOSTOC.
(a) Cyanophyceae: Anabaena
(b) Chlorophyceae: Oedogonium, Chara
(c) Xanthophyceae: Vaucheria
(d) Phaeophyceae: Fucus
(e) Rhodophyceae: Polysiphonia
5. Economic importance of Algae.
(Mycology and Phytopathology)
- General account and classification of Fungi.
- Life history and Economic importance of the following genera –
(c) Cystopus (Albugo)
- A brief idea of the following –
(d) Disease cycle
(e) Koch’s postulates
(g) Disease control (Chemical only)
- Disease caused by virus and Bacteria: Tobacco Mosaic. Citrus canker.
- Economic importance of fungi.
- Ultrastructure of Bacterial cell.
- Multiplication of Bacteria
- Genetic recombination in Bacteria.
- Nature, properties, and structure of viruses. TMV and Bacteriophage
- Role of bacteria in agriculture and industries. Nitrogen(N2) fixation by cyanobacteria.
- Bacteria and Human Health.
There will be two groups. Altogether 10 questions are to be set. Candidates shall be required to answer five questions selecting at least one from each group. Question No. 1 will be of short answer type and compulsory.
- General Account
- Evolution of gametophyte.
- A general account of the following genera with ref. to the development and structure of their sporophyte.
- Stelar organization
- Telome concept
- Heterospory and evolution of seed habit
- Morphology, anatomy, and Reproduction of
- Fossil Genera:
Practical Syllabus Botany Honours (LNMU)
- Temporary stained microscopic preparation of materials belonging to groups as prescribed in the syllabus: 4×5=20
- Isolation of Fungi from diseased plant material. marks:- 04
- Study of working of following instruments: marks:-03
(ii) Hot air oven
- Study of symptoms. Identification of causal organism and host of the diseased plant specimen supplied. marks:- 03
- Spotting marks:- 10
(e) Plant Pathology
- Practical Records and viva voice. marks:-10
LNMU B.Sc. part-1 Botany (subsidiary/general) Paper syllabus
There shall be one theory and one practical paper consisting of 75 marks and 25 marks respectively. Each paper shall be of 3 hours of duration.
The paper shall consist of Thalloplyta, Bryophyta. Pteridophyta. Gymnosperm. Microbiology, Cell Biology, Genetics, and applied Botany. There shall be two groups and altogether 10 questions are to be set.
Candidates are required to answer five questions selecting at least one from each group. Question No.1 will be of short answer type and compulsory.
General characters, classification and Economic importance of the following types:
Algae: Nostoc, Oedogonium, Ectocarpus, Batrachospermum
Fungi:Synchytrium, Peziza, Puccinia.
Lichens: General account.
Microbiology: General Account of Bacteria and virus and economic importance.
Bryophytes: Marchantia, Anthoceros, and Sphagnum.
Pteridophytes: Rhynia, Lycopodium, Selaginella and Equisetum
Gymnosperms: Cycas and Pinus.
(Cell Biology, Genetics, and Applied Botany)
- Ultrastructure of Plant cell.
- Structure of the chromosome.
- DNA structure and replication.
- Mitosis and Meiosis.
- Mendelism, Linkage, and crossing over.
- Mutation and its role.
- Botanical Names. Families and the part used of the following Wheat. Rice. Gram. Arhar. Mustard. Groundnut. Sugarcane, Potato, Tomato Brinjal, Neem, Cinchona, Cotton.
Practical Syllabus Botany Subsidiary/General Paper
- Temporary stained microscopic preparation of Algae, fungi, Bryophytes, Pteridophytes, Gymnosperms. As prescribed in the syllabus. marks:-10
- Demonstration of various stages of mitosis/meiosis. marks:-03
- Economic Botany marks:-02
- Spotting marks:-05
- Practical records and marks:-05
- Viva-voce marks:-05
FOR CTET PAGE:-Click hare